LAS VEGAS, Nev. (January 4, 2016) – Compliance and finance are at the very core of every casino operation, and JOSEPH EVE CPAs is staging two compliance and finance conferences this February in New Orleans, seminars vital to success in 2016.
Both seminars take place at the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon Street in New Orleans’ French Quarter, and discounts are available for attendees who join both events.
The first, Title 31 Compliance, is designed for both commercial and tribal casinos. The seminar takes place February 3 and presents critical information that is necessary for BSA compliance officers, finance officers, gaming commissioners, and auditors to stay on top of the evolving world of Title 31 and the Bank Secrecy Act. Topics presented include:
• Suspicious Activity Reporting
• Proper Due Diligence, Associate Issues Related to SARs
• Source of Funds/Know Your Customer
• OFAC/Politically Exposed Persons
• Recent Enforcement Actions
• CTR Requirements, MIL/MTL Best Practices, Penalties
• AML Risk Analysis
Leading the discussion are JOSEPH EVE Manager Glen Galt, CPA and Senior Auditor Navin Marimuthu, CPA.
Next on February 4 and 5 is the in-depth seminar, Casino Profit Advantage Analysis, created specifically for tribal casino operations. Led by JOSEPH EVE Partner Grant Eve, CPA, CFE and Manager Glen Galt, CPA, two of the casino industry’s most respected CPAs, this two-day event is a deep-dive into financial subject matter that is mission-critical to understanding the way forward in 2016.
Topics covered include:
• State of the Industry
• A financial overview of using industry data to benchmark casino performance
• Review of the 2015 Indian Cost of Doing Business Report with financial measures
• Financing in Indian Country
• Legislative Update
• Information Technology Update
• Customer Engagement Online
• Leadership and Strategy
• Benchmarking and Budgeting
• Software Applications and Technology Advancements
• Social Media and Internet Gaming